Thursday 7 April 2011

SPRING CLEANING, NEW PAINTINGS & MY FIRST EVENT OF THE YEAR

Well, the house is ready for a spring clean. Wifey has started today and I will start on the top floor studio rooms as soon as I’ve got my latest paintings mounted and framed ready for my first event of the year. Honest, I will, whenever I get a spare minute! 

My first event of the year is the Curbar Art Show in Derbyshire. It’s being held at the local school and helps to raise funds for the school.

I first started taking part in these village shows in Derbyshire and South Yorkshire in the mid 90’s when I began to concentrate on landscape painting. They are held in churches, church halls, schools, community centres etc and I used to do as many as possible. I did really well at some selling all, or nearly all, my work. Some were a dead loss so I ruled them out and concentrated on the better ones. It was a big help to get me known in the region and also helped out the organisations and charities involved. 

I will be showing six pieces including these two new paintings of mine at Curbar in the Peak District on the weekend 9/10 April 2011, so get yourself along, have a cup of tea and a piece of cake and maybe pick up a bargain work of art.

Anyhow, back to the spring cleaning!!


 



 



City Storm Sky









First Light City Sunrise

No comments:

Post a Comment