Wednesday 27 April 2011

SHEFFIELD ARTISTS OPEN STUDIOS AND EASTER FLOWERS

Gosh, I can’t believe it’s the Sheffield Artists Open Studios event starting at the weekend. It’s all very chaotic and last minute as usual, but I’m sure it will sort itself out.

Not much time to write at the moment so I’ll post these sunny flower paintings I did over the Easter period. I was inspired by walking through Weston Park in Sheffield and seeing all the colourful new flowers. I’ll be showing them at the weekend along with around 20 new paintings, some big, some small. Something for everyone!




 
The weather has been glorious lately, apart from a crazy hour the other afternoon when it was more like Christmas. I’ve never seen such big hailstones and the roads became mini rivers. This was the view from my eyrie, dreaming of a white Easter!


Anyway, back to the preparations for the weekend. I’m staging my event at Sheffield Cathedral this year so hopefully there’ll be a good turnout of visitors, especially if the weather stays nice.

Check out the details at the following address:

No comments:

Post a Comment