Friday 4 March 2011

Mark H’s latest painting - a Contemporary Woodland


My latest painting featuring muted greys and loads of texture.

















Tangle Wood 
60cm x 60cm on box canvas 

I finished this woodland painting yesterday. I’ve been working on it for a while, not being happy with it, but yesterday I looked at it and thought ‘that’s it, I can’t go any further with it now, it’s finished’. Every so often does a moment come along, and to me this painting is such a moment, when something has happened that I can’t explain, but is somehow right. Don't ask me how it's done! 

Keep painting and the magic will come.



1 comment:

  1. Concordo. Muitas vezes não fica bom. Mas não está bom para nós o que não quer dizer que não esteja maravilhoso aos olhos de outra pessoa. Não somente a mágica mas a poesia tambem faz parte do maravilhoso mundo sobre tela.

    ReplyDelete