Monday 28 February 2011

A Sheffield Painting for Charity and my Magic Brush


Here is the painting that I am donating to the Red Cross charity art event to be held in the fantastic Winter Gardens here in Sheffield in June. It’s a winter sunset scene and features the Ranmoor Inn pub, which always looks so welcoming. I’ve done a few versions of this scene as I find the viewpoint and perspective interesting and challenging with the two roads on either side of the pub diverging away from the focal point. 
 

Also today, I’m showing you my ‘magic’ brush. This is the last of a set of hand crafted sign writing brushes that I was given when I did the coachwork painting and sign writing on the restoration of Hull tram 132. 


As you can see, it is well on its last legs but somehow seems to keep going. It’s absolutely fantastic for doing trees and thin sweeping brushstrokes. I used it for the trees on the painting above. I wish I still had the rest of these amazing brushes but they either got nicked or lost during a house move.

Anyhow, check my website for the Red Cross event dates and you can see Hull tram 132 in the Streetlife Museum in Hull.

No comments:

Post a Comment